General Practice Nurse
Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary scale: dependent on experience
CLOSING DATE: 24th June 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 2nd July 2019
If you are a highly self-motivated; team player who can add value to our Practice we would like to hear from you.
Awarded ‘Outstanding’ by CQC, and Somerset Practice of the Year 2017 we are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic Practice Nurse to join our innovative and forward thinking team.
Main duties and responsibilities
1) Evaluate treatment programmes that promote health and well-being
2) Evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition
3) Identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition as appropriate
4) Review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols
5) Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
6) Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that enable patients to live healthily, and apply principles of self-care
7) Support and manage health needs of women presenting for family planning and cervical cytology consultations as well as hormone replacement treatment (HRT)
8) Recognise, assess and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the NSF for Mental Health
9) Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for adults and children
10) Advise, support and administer vaccinations where appropriate for patients travelling abroad
11) Provide nurse support for the leg ulcer clinics as required
For more information, and to review the full General Practice Nurse Job Description please visit our website.
You can also find more information in this video: https://vimeo.com/145962235, or visit our website: www.fromemedicalpractice.co.uk/information/workwithus
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to Human Resources, Frome Medical Practice, Enos Way, Frome, Somerset BA11 2FH or email email@example.com