Full or Part-time required, job share considered, salaried GP or partnership applications welcome
We are currently looking for a GP to join our visionary, forward thinking practice team in the picturesque seaside town of Minehead, known as the Gateway to Exmoor. We are currently working through a successful merger of the 2 GP practices in the town designed to provide resilience in an ever changing NHS.
We pride ourselves on providing good quality patient services within an excellent team working environment. Our visionary approach has led us to expand our team to include paramedics, nurse practitioners and a primary care pharmacist to support our GPs who have now moved to 15 minute appointments. We are constantly looking for opportunities to develop smarter work streams.
• Work/life balance. Finish on time is important to us
• Supportive working environment with a team which values coffee breaks
• Culture of protected working days to ensure job satisfaction, good morale and safe patient care
• Portfolio careers encouraged and our GPs have a range of interests
• Well established training practice
• In-house clinical education programme and regular team meetings
• GMS practice with 13,500 patients, 10 GP partners and 2 salaried GPs
• Highly trained nursing team running chronic disease management clinics
• Support from 4 paramedics (2 WTE) over 5 days for acute home visits and same day access slots and 2 nurse practitioners
• Primary care pharmacist running our hypertension register and recently obtained prescribing qualification
• Long-serving team led by our Practice Manager who has been in post for over 10 years
• Friendly administrative support teams including experienced repeat prescription clerks
• CQC rating ‘Good’
• Active involvement with Somerset LMC and Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group with one GP partner as current chair
• Members of the West Somerset GP Federation
• Minehead is an easy commute from the Taunton and Bridgwater areas and is free from the hassle of rush hour traffic
Other benefits include:
• Good salary – negotiable and based on experience
• Medical indemnity paid
• Generous annual leave entitlement plus study leave
We would be more than happy to offer a taster session as a locum GP so you can experience working with our friendly team.
To find our more and arrange an informal visit, please contact Janet Hewlett, Practice Manager,
email: email@example.com or telephone GPs directly on the telephone numbers above.